Thursday, March 29, 2012

Only in You am I

Source

O Lord my God.
Teach my heart this day
where and how to find you.
You have made me and re-made me,
and you have bestowed on me
all the good things I possess,
and still I do not know you.
I have not yet done
that for which I was made.
Teach me to seek you,
for I cannot seek you
unless you teach me,
or find you
unless you show yourself to me.
Let me seek you in my desire;
let me desire you in my seeking.
Let me find you by loving you;
let me love you when I find you.
Lord, May I never forget that only in you am I.
-St. Anselm

This weekend, I will be on a retreat with about 50 other young adults. I have been on the planning committee for this retreat for many months, so I would appreciate it if you would pray for us this weekend - that we have a powerful retreat experience, that our participants will feel God's presence, and that we all will continue to seek God's will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...