Friday, June 18, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (#4)


  1. I have the final Girl Scout meeting of the school year tonight. Hopefully I will have more entertaining stories to share!
  2. Check out my latest post for some interesting, comedic, and thought-provoking videos from The Colbert Report. I found them to be highly entertaining while also presenting an intriguing defense of the faith.
  3. Taking a (brief) break from the spiritual workout and focusing on just a regular workout... I forgot how good it feels to have some real physical activity in my life with softball. I wake up sore the morning after practicing or playing a game, but I feel like I have so much more energy to get me through the day! I really should remember this and try to stick with it throughout the year... yeah, like that will happen...
  4. I'm starting to get Harry Potter fever again... they just finished with the last day of filming for Deathly Hallows, the theme park in Orlando is opening up next week (I want to go so badly!!!), and I'm already getting my t-shirt ready for the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows: Part 1. I really should spend this time trying to figure out what I am going to do with my life once Harry Potter is no more.
  5. I went on my first Rosary Pilgrimage this week! We prayed the Luminous Mysteries on our walk to the chapel, prayed the Joyful Mysteries in the chapel, and then finished up with the Sorrowful Mysteries on our way home. All in all, we prayed 3 rosaries in 45 minutes. Not bad. I will probably be doing it again at least once this summer.
  6. Please pray for my Aunt Jeanne. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and just had surgery this past week. Pray for a speedy recovery and for all the cancer to be gone!
  7. I really want to read more about the lives of the saints. Do you have any recommendations for good books? They can be about individual saints or a collection of many. I really enjoy reading the mini-biographies in the Magnificat each day, but I would love to find more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...