Sunday, June 13, 2010

"...you're not bossy at all!"

I started working with a local Girl Scout troop soon after I moved here. I am a Life Member of Girl Scouts and thought it would be a good way to get involved with the community and do some fun things... so far, so good! The moms are fun and enjoy taking care of me, and the girls are 11 and 12 years old, so they have the ability to be highly entertaining. I've decided it's time to start sharing some of these Girl Scout adventures, because hilarity always ensues.


Today, the troop spent the day together - we played laser tag and went to the mall - I mean, what kind of Girl Scout leader would I be if I didn't teach these girls how to shop properly in addition to the usual camping skills?!

It was my turn to drive, and so we loaded up three of the girls and one of the moms in my car and hit the road. We're in the car about 10 minutes when one of the girls pipes up from the backseat - "Miss Liesl, oh my gosh, you're driving!" - mind you, I am at this point sitting behind the wheel going 50 mph down the road, so naturally I reply sarcastically with, "Oh my gosh, I am driving!!" The rest of the conversation is as follows:

Girl: Are you even old enough to drive?
Me: Well, I'm 23, and the last time I checked, it was legal to drive at that age in Virginia...
Girl: You're 23?!? I thought you were 17 or 18!
Me: (laughing) Uh, thank you?
Girl: But you're soooo cool! I mean, you're not bossy at all!
Me: (really laughing)

I am not sure whether I should feel flattered that they think I am so cool, not bossy, and still retain my youth, or to be a bit concerned that they think I am so young... but I think I will just take it with a smile for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...