Jen had a baby! So go visit Conversion Diary... maybe there will be some cute baby pictures up!
- Long time, no talk! I don't really have a valid excuse for my long absence, as I still have been unable to find any kind of job, so I do spend a lot of time sitting around looking for jobs (and watching TV) and trying to not spend money (and watching TV). It seems whenever my schedule is so incredibly flexible that I put things like catching up on everything happening in blog world to the side. But fear not! I have a couple of posts in the making, one talking a little bit about my retreat and one is that Scripture meme going around (I was tagged by Trista too long ago... good thing they don't have an expiration date!). I also am working on a new blog layout... I am a bit of a perfectionist so I hope to have it just the way I like it soon!
- Just a quick mention about my retreat since my actual post is so delayed - my silent retreat went well, although it was a lot more difficult that I imagined, but more on that later! Thanks to everyone who remembered to pray for me - I prayed for your intentions every day at Mass!
- The job search is chugging along. I haven't been able to find anything really temporary even yet, and full time work just hasn't finished getting through the application process. I have had a few interviews for temporary work, so hopefully that will come rolling in soon! Pray for my job search? My sanity (and my bank account) would be very grateful!
- Speaking of job searching, I am looking for a job in chemistry, and I've found (so far) that they best way to get my name in is through connections. So, a request. Do any of you or anyone you know work in the field of chemistry? If you do, could I send you my resume? Also feel free to check out my profile on Linked In and pass it on to anyone you know!
- Check out this great post that I found through Why I'm Catholic, which talks about how Christians become atheists. Simple answer - they start to think about objective truth, and in their search, they end up in the opposite direction of Truth.
- I've been watching a lot of TV shows on DVD lately, because they're free from the library! I have long been a fan of the TV show Merlin from the BBC, so now I picked up another BBC show from a few years back called Robin Hood. It's really quirky, and quite cheesy, but I enjoy it (okay, I also admit that I find the actor who plays Robin very handsome). I think British humor just really resonates with my sense of humor (my British friend back home would definitely agree with this - she finds my dry sense of humor ha-larious!). Maybe I should just move to England where I can be immersed in British humor all day. I do sometimes miss living in London!
- Finally, I have to give a shout out to Leila, because not only does she have some great posts this week, but she also is mailing me a copy of the book Unplanned by Abby Johnson. It's been on my reading list for awhile, and I do have a lot of free time to spend reading by the pool, so I can't wait to get it. You rock, Leila!
|I find scruffiness handsome. Keep that in mind, future suitors!|