Sunday, September 7, 2014

What I Wore Sunday: "Why Can't I Get a Decent Picture?!" Edition! (*Now Updated!*)

Hello hello to the three people who still read this here blog! It's time for another WIWS! Head on over to Fine Linen and Purple for the link action!

The lighting in my home is terrible. Well, I guess I don't need to tell you that because these photos are enough evidence.

Original: Boo Lighting!

Original: So you can actually see my smiling face



















Thanks to Katie for some suggestions, I went in search of a well-lit corner and a makeshift camera stand to try again... I'll let you decide but I think these are much more decent!

Update: Using a hobo-esque camera stand...
...to get some decent lighting!




















Dress: Merona c/o Unique Thrift Stores for $4!
Cardigan: c/o TJMaxx
Belt: c/o an old skirt in my closet
Shoes: Croft & Barrow, c/o Kohl's (similar style)
Necklace: c/o Kairos Retreat, Fall 2008!
Frizzy hair: c/o my hair dryer and the hair straightener's inability to keep up with the humidity
How about those readings today, huh?  If I tell the wicked, “O wicked one, you shall surely die,” and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death." (from Ez 33:7-9) and “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone... If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector." (from Mt 18:15-20)  As my priest said today... no one likes the IRS!

These readings certainly go against the whole "do whatever you want, whenever you want, and don't tell others what is right and wrong" kind of culture we live in today! How can we possibly live up to being our brother's keeper in a world that decries anything like this as judgment?

I think the key here is the reading second from St. Paul's letter to the Romans (13:8-10). The answer, as always, is love. We are called to be each other's keepers because we love each other, and want what is best for that person and his or her soul (the best being Heaven, of course!). It's definitely not easy for the world to see us lovingly calling each other out as a manifestation of love, but true love puts the good of the other first. This is what our Church does, and she is persecuted for it; and this is what we are called to do as well, even if we are also persecuted for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...