Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Reading Challenge

I've always been an avid reader - I was that kid who easily read 50 books over summer vacation. Now that I'm a big girl, unfortunately I do not have time to read 50 books over the summer, let alone in a year!

This past year, I read a large number of books, partly thanks to spending many hours on planes and trains, but I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to read, instead of just reading!

So, for 2015, I'm going to give myself a little challenge. My goal is to read at least 20 books this year, from classic literature to spiritual reads to fiction books that are hot, hot, hot right now.

I've made a list of some books that I'd like to read to get myself started, and I'd love to hear your suggestions too! Tell me what needs to make my list in the comments!

So, self, do you accept this reading challenge?!




Classics

The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkein
Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Kid Lit

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (re-read) (listening to the audiobook now!)
The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews (re-read)
Greenglass House by Kate Milford

Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Dune by Frank Herbert (I've tried before and failed... I shall try again!)
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

Non-Fiction

The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Spiritual Reads

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Walking with Mary by Edward Sri (re-read)

Mystery/Thriller

The Expats by Chris Pavone
The Accident by Chris Pavone
Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson

Top Pick Fiction

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker (reading now!)
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Links are Amazon Smile links - please select your favorite charity when you shop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...