Friday, July 9, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (#6)

Click the picture! Do it.

Despite all the fun things that have happened this week, I just cannot seem to muster up any energy to recall what all these fun things were in order to post them in my quick takes. Therefore, this week's quick takes features 7 works of fiction that I think are worth a try (in no particular order)...

  1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - this is not a surprise that this is on my list. I am re-reading the series for the umpteenth time.
  2. The Green Mile by Stephen King - it is difficult to find literature as well written as this story is, with such excellent characterizations (even down to Mr. Jingles, the mouse), and written with such believability.
  3. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - one of my favorite books growing up that I still read from time to time.
  4. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen - a classic tale that all ladies and all men hoping to be someone's Mr. Darcy should read.
  5. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - a beautiful story about the power that music has to bring all kinds of people together.
  6. Atonement by Ian McEwan - actually, read almost any of his novels. They are all excellently written, but this one is a tale that keeps you thinking up until the very end, when it suddenly all makes sense.
  7. Timeline by Michael Crichton - science geek out moment. Quantum mechanics take center stage here with quantum tunneling... and some French medieval history as well. Great read, especially if you can follow the science!
Do you have any book recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, add it to your list! I posted a review of it 2 years ago here - http://weazel05.livejournal.com/151815.html

    ReplyDelete

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...