Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm addicted.

It's official. I've become such a Catholic Answers Live addict that I even had to make a label for it on this blog!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's that bad.

Ha.

On a more serious note, I will listen to the podcast on my commute to and from campus many days. This afternoon, I listed to Abby Johnson's interview from early February and she spoke about her change of heart in the life movement, the details behind Planned Parenthood, and how she's converting to Catholicism!*

*Can I just point out that it seems like lots of really sweet pro-life people are converting/have converted to Catholicism? And by "lots", I mean Lila Rose and Abby Johnson, of those that I know... I'm sure there are lots more. But does anyone else see a trend??!!?? I do.

Anyway, everyone needs to listen to this interview. It provides so much insight into how Planned Parenthood works - from someone who used to be high up in the organization - especially about the lies they tell everyone and the way they train their staff so they can earn more money. I think my favorite part is when she totally dished it out to a caller who couldn't see anything "wrong"* with the latest Live Action stings... it was EPIC.

*I mean, did this caller see the same videos that we all did... because I think you'd have to be blind and deaf to not realize that there is something wrong going on there...

To make your lives easier, I've provided the link for you. You're welcome.

Click me to listen online or right click and "Save as..." to download to your computer!

Now, I just need to get my hands on a copy of her book! The library doesn't own it yet... epic fail, libraries of Northern Virginia, epic fail.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to get a copy soon! The book is very interesting. I hope Abby continues to give her advice on how to make the pro-life movement more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the Catholic Answers Mormonism segment. I've always found the LDS interesting, but the theology never made the least bit of sense to me. I say that respectfully, as I have a couple good friends who are Mormons, and in general I've found Mormons to be fantastic people living good lives.

    Unplanned is on my steadily lengthening to-read list. I'm going to listen to Abby Johnson's interview right now. Thanks for linking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I agree. I find the doctrine to be confusing, but I know many people who are Mormons and they are wonderful, wholesome, family-oriented people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm going to have to start listening to this. Someone recently told me about "Catholic Stuff You Should Know" podcast, so maybe you can check that out between Catholic Answers Live shoot ups.

    ReplyDelete

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...