Friday, March 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (#22)

Head over to Conversion Diary!

Long time no update! Life has been pretty busy lately, and I have a lot of catching up to do! I'll work on updating you all on my awesome spring break trip, big decisions, and DC adventures once life slows back down a bit! Until then, enjoy my 7 Quick Takes Friday Playlist!

**I just used WAAAAAAY too many exclamation points...**

  1. I always say it's not a Liesl mix without some Yellowcard... so I'll just start out that way! Yellowcard is one of my favorite bands - the violin is really what sets them apart, but their lyrics are amazing too! They just came out with a new album I have yet to get my hands on, but here is one of my favorite songs... Miles Apart! This song reminds me that even though I am far from home, I still carry all those that I love with me! Recently, I've also become a fan of finding a way to apply a secular song to God, and this one makes me think that even though we are miles apart from God, He still is with us in our hearts!
  2. It's also true that it's not a Liesl mix without at least one Relient K song. In my opinion, they are one of the best Christian bands out there - they keep it fresh and a little bit more musically interesting than a lot of other artists out there. Check out one of my favorites by them... The Best Thing! This song reminds me of packed car rides from my senior year of college, and I listen to it especially when I miss those times and friends. I also love this song because it can be applied to any kind of relationship - a strong friendship, a good relationship, and of course, your relationship with God!
  3. I often make mix CDs for myself to listen to in the car, and I think this song is currently on 3 or 4 different CDs... it just never gets old! Speaking from the perspective of a single young Catholic woman, I like to think that if God is calling me to marriage, that I just haven't met the one He is preparing for me quite yet. So this song goes out to him, wherever he is!
  4. Michael Bublé Havent met you yet - www... by luisanawebtube
  5. Switchfoot is another Christian band that I love, and this song really gets me dancing in the car. I think I must like it because it mentions entropy in a scientifically accurate way (Bonus points if you know what entropy means without googling it!).
  6. In case anyone needs a reminder... you are amazing, just the way you are!
  7. Just to slow things down for a minute, here's a great song from Jason Mraz. It's long, but it's worth it to wait it out until the end!
  8. This song is a shout out to a major spring break dance party! So go ahead... turn up the volume, get out of your seat, and do a little dance!
Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...