Friday, July 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (#29)

Thanks to Jen for hosting!

1.

I missed last week's Quick Takes because I was SO TIRED from the midnight premiere of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART II!!!!! I absolutely loved the movie and thought it was a great end to my childhood the series. My sisters, my sister's friend, and I had a great time camping out in line, playing cards after being seated 3 hours early, and cheering on all the great parts of the movie! It was great to see some of my favorite parts of the entire book series come alive on screen, similar to how I imagined them in my head. I then promptly saw the movie again on Sunday evening, and it was just as good! For those of you who saw the movie, what did you think?
2.

Unintentionally keeping up with the Harry Potter theme, I saw this posted the other day:


She says:
I find the whole concept of being 'sexy' embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there's the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that's not me. I feel uncomfortable. I'd never go out in a mini-skirt. It's nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn't do that. Personally, I don't actually think it's even that sexy. What's sexy about saying, 'I'm here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I've got?' My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.
I always knew that Hermione was smart. (If anyone knows what interview she said this in, please let me know!)

3.

Speaking of being so tired after the movie, this is how I spent my Friday after the midnight showing:
Creamsicle and a baby: typical Friday afternoon.
I enjoy visiting with our family friends whenever I'm home, and I also happen to be the favorite naptime buddy of this sweet baby. About 15 minutes after this was taken, I promptly fell asleep too! Why is it so fun to snuggle with babies? Oh, because they are warm and love you because you feed them unconditionally and are perfect partners for squeezing in an afternoon nap. I miss my snuggle baby!

4.

When did it become Friday? One of the many downsides of not having found a real job yet is that my days get all mixed together. The weekdays are just like my weekends, and so I no longer look forward to Saturday and Sunday like I used to. I know I will be kicking myself for saying this someday, but I really crave a schedule in my life - the typical 40 hour a week job, with Saturday and Sunday to rejuvenate! With everyday being the weekend, weekends just aren't as much fun!

5.

... Unless you are on vacation. Then every day being a weekend is fun. My family and I are headed off to vacation this weekend. We rented a house somewhere in Amish country in PA. Not really sure how this will all play out, but we'll see! We have some fun day trips planned to Philadelphia, a Hershey tour, and the outlet mall. Look for a picture of me with the Liberty Bell in a couple of weeks. Maybe I will run around like I'm in National Treasure while I'm there...

I could run through this graveyard in Philadelphia too...
6.

I downloaded Evernote a few weeks back after reading about it in Leila's blog, and then Jen suggested putting recipes you find online in a special notebook. Since I have lots of time on my hands, I surfed the interwebs for some fun recipes this week and tried one out! This chicken bake was delicious and it makes A TON of food. For those of you with larger families especially, this would be a great meal. It made two big casserole dishes - I even put over half of it in the freezer for later! I substituted stewed tomatoes for the sun dried tomatoes because I am on a limited budget... did you know that a little jar of sun dried tomatoes is $6! Crazy! It still tasted great to me!

7.

I interviewed for a job a couple of weeks ago and should be hearing about it soon! The interview went really well, and it sounds like a job I might be really interested in (unlike many of the other jobs I've interviewed for). Please continue to keep my job search in your prayers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I l.o.v.e. reading your comments!

I would love even more to be able to respond to them, so pretty please link your e-mail address to your name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...