Check out Conversion Diary for more!
I thought I would give a shout out to some great blogs and links that I have found for my 7 Quick Takes this week. Without further ado...
- I have become... for lack of a better word... addicted to Catholic Answers Live in the past couple of months. I've listened and learned about saints, Church doctrine, Marian apparitions, the early Church fathers, abortion, contraception, Protestantism, Scripture... the list could go on and on. I enjoy listening to the podcast on my morning commute or during long car rides. Be sure to check it out.
- I just recently discovered Startling the Day by Elizabeth, a young Catholic woman living up the faith, and I just can't get enough of her entries. From her entries on finding spirituality in a secular song to teaching Theology of the Body to teens, to marriage and dealing with the lads, she has a fresh way of relating Catholicism and faith to the world in which we live. I completely relate to a lot of what she writes, and I secretly wish that we could be friends... well, I guess it's not a secret anymore. Whoops!
- Over break, I read this amazing book recommended to me by a friend about Marian apparitions and the end times. Pierced by a Sword scared the crap out of me, but it was also beautiful. I highly recommend it... you can order free copies through Catholicity, along with the other two novels and a wealth of free CDs. What can I say, I love free things.
- If you're looking for interesting discussion and great entries on Church teachings, check out Little Catholic Bubble. While I try to stay away from the heated discussions on some of the posts, I find the entries refreshing, informative, and sometimes even fun. Yes, Catholics can be fun, who would've thought!
- I stumbled on this blog by stumbling onto another blog, etc. and well, it's been a nice stumbling. Modestia is written by Rebecca, a young Catholic woman who highlights how to be... well... a young modest Catholic woman! I find her links interesting and helpful, the fashion pictures are much more pleasing to the eyes than those in my Glamour magazine, and her entries are very honest and real. She's also got some great links for... take a guess... FREE STUFF! I love free stuff.
- I couldn't post a list of links without sending everyone to the GW Catholic blog. He posts homilies, links to cool Catholic videos and sites, and interesting topics relevant to young adults and all Catholics. Be sure to look at the recent posts on exorcisms.
- Probably most people reading this are familiar with Conversion Diary. I am kind of in love with this Saint Generator she made, and I've been having fun "generating" saints and reading about them. I think in an effort to learn more about the saints, I am going to "generate" a saint each month and make him or her the patron saint of my month! So, this month's saint is (drumroll, please)... St. Michael, the Archangel! (Trumpet fanfare!) His feast day is September 29, and he has been honored as patron and protector by the Church! I liked this comic strip, that had the prayer to St. Michael written by Pope Leo XIII.
|Yes, I like to picture the saints as kicking butt and taking names.|